Baking is my new found love, but what is more challenging is now when I started loving it in this current Lockdown situation my microwave oven is not working properly from couple of months. Perhaps thats why I started loving baking more. So my experiments are on for ovenless baking. I am looking for some good beginner level oven which will fit in my kitchen. I dont want those bulky oven.
Coming to this post, it was my little one’s 2nd birthday, I was confuse whether to go for a proper cake as takeaways are working or to go for home bakers. But as it was just 3 of us, so thought to bake by self. Atleast if experiment will not be successful it will be just us to finish that. I have mentioned in my previous post where I made a dry fruit eggless and without oven cake, I love my cake to be dense and a bit of moist. I dont like totally wet cake and i also dont like fluffy airy kind of cake. I belive with time you learn what you like and what you dont in almost everything.
So below is the Ingredient list, method and pics.
Cupe size- 250 Ml
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder (I used Harshey’s unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4th baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (you can skip it too, I like slight vanilla essence touch in my cake)
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 whole egg+2 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup oil
1st Layer frosting
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3-4 tablespoon milk
- 3/4th cup unsalted butter room temperature
2nd layer frosting
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- a pinch of salt
- cream/milk as required
- Sieve and shift dry ingredients and mix well
- Mix wet ingredients and mix till sugar dissolve
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients
- Grease the mould, spread the batter
- In a kadahi/wok/cooker keep a stand and place the mould over it
- You can use sand or salt in base too, this fasten up the process and give more proper result. Keep a thick layer of sand/salt and then keep stand
- Cover the lid. If using cooker remove gasket and whistle
- It took me almost 30-40 mins time
- Do check by piercing any toothpick etc if the cake is ready it will come out dry
for frosting beat both the frosting layer ingredient separately till creamy layer it up on cake in whatever way you like.
Guys do try this cake, though I tried my level best to stick to measurements but sometime our preferences are different so you can modify it according to your taste and choices.
- I made the recipe as per my preference and choices, the measurement may be more or less for you. Though I will always try to mention this point.
- I am not a proper chef, I just love cooking for me and my family. I check various food blogs, instagram accounts, youtube videos etc so whenever I will take any recipe I will definitely mention the source link. Lets be fair and thankful to one and all.
- As I have just started working on it so step by step pictures of food preparation will not be available for time being. So just enjoy with final pic only
With lots of ♥️
Note- pictures are clicked from my mobile with its built in filter mode. Further to enhance the features it’s editted on App