Lip balm is one of the most used item by me, I believe as of now I must have brought 100 of lip balms.
So while writing this review I realised even though lip balms are most used one and I have purchased plenty of them they are the least reviewed one too I don’t know why.
Now coming to this product. I have shared my Juicy Chemistry haul post here which I did in August when they were on sale. And while sharing the link I realised I finished foot cream last month only but I am yet to write the review.
MRP- Rs 350/- for 5 gm of product
Juicy Chemistry as a brand always looked very promising to me. 2-3 years back just like that I purchased one mango hair butter from them through nykaa and it worked so effectively. Problem is their most of the product are out of stock on Nykaa so I thought to directly get it from app only. I chose 4 products which I started using from August end only.
About Brand for this product
- First of all Juicy Chemistry is a certified organic brand and same they mention on their product. They are Ecocert Cosmos Organic certified
- They are preservative free
- Also cruelty free, handmade, veg, freshly made and no colors added
- Well yeah they are freshly made you can see in the carton I placed order in August got the product delivered in August and date of manufacturing is August 2020 too.
- As they are without any preservative so it should be used within 6 months
Product and My Views
- Currently in lip care range they have total 6 products…3 lip balm and 3 lip scrub
- Blood orange and rose hip lip balm and scrub is for pigmented lips, Damask Rose and Fig Lip balm and scrub is for damaged and chapped lips, Tuscany Lemon and green tea lip balm and scrub is for tanned and chapped lips.
- My lips are pigmented and very dry. I initially thought for the damaged and chapped version but went ahead with the “for Pigmented Lips” variant that is Blood orange and rosehip lip balm.
- My lips were quite Pigmented till January and from February I started using Laneige lip sleeping mask in night, Laneige lip sleeping mask is indeed the best it not only helped me in keeping my lips hydrated but also helped in Pigmentation. My Pigmentation reduced by almost 40-50% on lips.
- This lip balm is blend of many good oils like Apricot Kernel oil, castor seed oil, rosehip oil, jojoba oil, blood orange oil, raspberry seed oil additionally they have beeswax, cocoa butter and Vitamin E. Refer pic
- The texture is soft, light orange, almost transparent like. Refer pic
- Though it has many oils in it but it’s purely dominated by the strong but fruity citrus fragrance of blood orange.
- Lip balm comes in 5gm weight and initially I thought it will end me maximum a month. I applied it two times and it’s almost going to end now. So we can say it will end you 45-60 days if applied daily twice with generous amount.
- If you apply the lip balm generously and don’t eat anything it will stay on your lips for 4-5 hours and even after that the lips will feel moisturized and soft
- It gives good hydration, no sticky feeling results in soft lips
- Now coming to the most important claim that is for pigmented lips. In two months you may not see very visible result on your lip Pigmentation but it works on it if not magically. I have a slightly dominant pigmented spot on my lips and a bit of pigmentation around that I do see it had lighten the same. But my own experience says it takes atleast 6 months of continuous use to show result on Pigmentation so you have to give it some time but yes in two months too you can definitely see minor result especially if you have heavily pigmented lips
What I liked most about it is it’s non sticky, texture is smooth and the consistency is just perfect not much thick not thin.
I am definitely going to repurchase this if not now as I already have 2-3 lip balms and also my own DIY lip balm. But this is going to stay in my repurchase list like Laneige lip sleeping mask, TBS strawberry lip Butter, lotus lip balm.
Have you tried this one? Which is your favourite lip balm? What fragrance you like in a lip balm? Let me know in comments below.